WHO DEFINES HEALTH AS “health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well being and not merely an absence of disease or infirmity. In achieving this health Hypothalamus a tiny portion of brain plays an important role.
Hypothalamus is responsible for maintaining homeostasis, body rhythm and harmony. Hypothalamus can be considered as a major centre in local area network (LAN) of body. It receives and controls signals from endocrine glands. Among the endocrine glands pituitary gland is in close relation to hypothalamus. The delivery of hormones secreted from hypothalamus is done through this circulation to pituitary gland. This is known as Hypothalamus- Pituitary Axis H-P-O axis.
Emotions arise as a result of influence of either internal or external environment. Emotions act upon the mind or the mental state of a person and mind acts upon the body. This at Ghantali Mitra Mandal we term as EM-HPO axis.
Spirituality which is developed by Yogic practices gives a firm foundation of thinking. If a person develops a spiritual attitude, he tries to go nearer to his own self. He becomes egoless. Once this is achieved a perfect balance of physical, mental, emotional and spiritual level is obtained and there by a perfect homeostasis or harmony in body is achieved.
Keeping this in mind we conduct Yoga Therapy classes every month for various disorders.
At Ghantali Mitra Mandal we deal the various disorders at seven different levels called as “Saptadhara” The Seven streams of Healings. These seven streams of healing are:
At Ghantali Mitra Mandal the problem is looked at in a holistic way by an eminent team of Yoga Therapist and Doctors in various faculties like Psychiatry, General Medicine, Gynecology, Orthopedics, physiotherapy etc.
- Physical level-Dehasadhana : these include the various yogic practices such as kriyas and Asanas
- Mental Level-Pranasadhana : These include the pranayamic practices.
- Emotional Level-Bhavasadhana : These include the chanting of various devotional songs, mantra, nadayoga which help in tackling the emotional upheavals.
- Intellectual Level-Dhyansadhana: Meditation
- Diet-Aahar: Diet which plays an important role in curing any disorder.
- Counseling: Counseling sessions
- Spiritual level-Divyasadhana: The above six streams finally leads one to Divyasadhana